- Review the Checklist for South Dakota Risk Pool Application
- Complete application form. Online Application or Printer Friendly Version
- Attach documentation verifying eligibility. Instructions
- Send verification of South Dakota residency. Instructions
- Complete ACH/automatic withdrawal form. Online ACH Form or Printer Friendly Version
- Complete Health Assessment.
- Include check or money order for current and next month premiums. Premium Rates. Checks can be made out to: South Dakota Risk Pool.
- Include applicant's full name on all mailed or faxed information. Information not submitted online can be either mailed or faxed to the following:
By Mail: By Fax:
South Dakota Risk Pool South Dakota Risk Pool
c/o Bureau of Personnel
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
For questions call: 605.773.3148 and ask for a Risk Pool representative.
- After receipt of the necessary information, the Plan Administrator will notify you if you have been accepted or declined for risk pool coverage. This determination is based on the eligibility requirements as described on the application. Your current or previous health status does not affect eligibility. If additional information is needed to process your application, the Plan Administrator may contact you to obtain more information.
- You can complete the application process on your own or with the assistant of a licensed health insurance agent. Agents are not required to have a separate appointment. Licensed agents placing an enrollee in the Risk Pool are entitled to a three percent commission.